Position Shop Manager/Lead MechanicReports to Executive DirectorJob Description
Full-time salaried position to oversee shop mechanic functions of nonprofit youth oriented community bike shop. Primary duties include
Other minor duties include ordering parts and supplies, maintaining parts inventory, assisting with promoting the organization at public events, providing blog posts and social media content, and staffing off-site events (such as youth bike rides).
- Providing quality control on all repairs and rebuilt bikes,
- Managing shop work flow, making repairs to customer bicycles,
- Refurbishing bikes for sale,
- Teaching youth and volunteers how to repair bicycles, and
- Ensuring a safe and inviting work environment.
The shop manager may also be asked to rotate hours with other staff to ensure coverage during regular shop hours, volunteer night and shop night.
- 3-5 years experience repairing bikes in a professional environment (management experience preferred),
- Ability to work with youth age 12-18 with patience,
- Must pass criminal background check.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and references.
Submit to: email@example.com.